Critical Thinking Reflection.

Drafting a technical report, an assignment which I despise as I find it to be a chore to do. I admitted to Professor that drafting a report is not one of my forte. He reassured me to have faith in my teammates and that is exactly what I did. I could not have done it without Audris and Zhi Sheng. They guided me on how to draft a better report. From the language that is to be used to the arrangement of our report. For that, I am thankful for them. I have learned that it is okay to rely on my teammates. It is okay to ask them for help. It is not a solo report, it is a group report.

 

All in all, I have learned to be a better teammate and a better contributor.

 

The ability to be more confident whilst presenting and the ability to choose the right words whilst giving feedback. These are the two areas I mentioned in the Introductory Letter that I would like to improve on. 

Needless to say, I can proudly say I have at least achieved one of them. 

 

Looking back over the past 13 weeks, I have seen not just myself grow but also the rest of my classmates grow. In the beginning, everyone was a bit shy to even read out the words on the lecture slides. In the end, everyone was nominating each other to read it out. It is the environment that Professor Blackstone has created that enables everyone to step out of their comfort zone and upgrade themselves. For that, I thank Professor Blackstone as due to the environment that he has nurtured, I was able to be a better speaker and a better presenter. Although I could not improve on the choice of words, I believe I can work on it better by expanding my vocabulary through books that I have recently acquired.

 

To end it off here is a short poem dedicated to Professor Blackstone:

 

The last 13 weeks have been fun,

having classes away from the sun, 

Coming to your lessons was never a chore,

For your lessons was never a bore.

 

We laugh and learn together in class,

Till the hours, days and weeks just seems to pass.

Reading out instructions and information from the slides. 

For if we are lost, Professor Blackstone is there to guide. 





Comments

  1. Thank you very much, Irham, for the heart-felt reflection and for your many contributions to the module. I also appreciate the many kind words and your 'glorious' poem. :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts